Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Motherhood means sometimes getting your face licked

Tracy has done it again! She has inspired another post on my blog! Recently, she posted a picture of her adorable son and herself to respond to a blog she
follows that has encouraged readers to "Link up a photo post in all its imperfections that defines motherhood to you." Right away I knew the picture(s). I always see these photos of moms and their children on Facebook and other blogs where they are kissing. It is always adorable and makes me happy to look at them. I thought I want one of those! I have tried on several occasions to take this adorable kissing picture with A. James. Both times this happens:



She licks my face! Ha-ha. She kisses me all of the time, but if I have a camera---it is on! She thinks is it hilarious! I actually like these pictures MORE than the serious kissing ones, because it shows her personality. She is so funny and spontaneous. A serious kissing picture wouldn’t remind me of how goofy she is all day. I know that I can look back at years from now and remember how she had laughed until she couldn’t laugh anymore right after this picture was taken. Silly Girl! Also, it is a strong reminder that kids are going to do/be what they want! I can remember how while I was pregnant, dreaming about the life that she would have and the person she would become. She is certainly her own person, very different from what I had imagined! I’ve come to realize that motherhood is about little moments like this one. Moments you weren’t prepared for---but nevertheless, moments that make you glad you brought your little goofball into the world!


1 comment:

  1. Please don't make me cry during the middle the afernoon. That would be terribly embarrassing...

    Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete