This was one of the two quilts I made before I realized I needed to pay closer attention to seam allowances.
Oops.
Good news: I only gave one of these away (sorry, Kristen!) and the other belongs to me. So the evidence of my imperfection is minimal.
Bad news: I made the quilt for my new baby, it is my FAVORITE and I don't really want it falling apart every time I wash it and it has about five little spots like above throughout the quilt.

I've had this happen before too! If it's not too frayed, I've stitched the seams back together. I figure it just adds to the handmade charm when someone comes across a re-stitched seam ;)
ReplyDeleteThe other thing I've done, which worked out nicely, and probably looks better than stitching seams back together, was to just add some appliques to cover the spots. There's an example on my blog http://kelliecooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/one-weektwo-finished-projects.html
You could add some little flower shapes in your coordinating blue fabric and/or pick up some of the pinks from your center squares. Good Luck!
I could cut out some of those chickens and put them over the spots. I may just stitch it down. The possibilities....
ReplyDelete