I also miss cooking with her. It is a HUGE part of our relationship and I've had her cooking since she was old enough to stand on a stool. She's been in the kitchen since birth. As a little baby I'd let her play with the canning jar lids as I made salsas, jams and juiced tomatoes from our garden. Today we were lucky enough to have some time to get back into the kitchen to make a special meal: Panera Bread Tomato Soup!
We followed this recipe and slightly adapted it to be vegetarian friendly and feed fewer people. Enjoy!
Panera Bread-esque Tomato Soup
adapted from Panera Bread's Tomato, Cheese and Bread Soup
1 large onion, chopped
5 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used olive oil infused with garlic)
4 cups water or broth (I used water with two cubes of vegetarian "not chicken" bouillon cubes)
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Asiago Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 bay leaves
If soup is too cheesy, add 2 Tablespoons brown sugar to sweeten.

Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and saute until very tender, about 25 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Add water or stock, diced tomatoes, and cheeses. Add in bay leaves, but remember to remove before pureeing soup. Simmer soup uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Puree with immersion blender or food processor.
Serve with rolls and enjoy!
5 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used olive oil infused with garlic)
4 cups water or broth (I used water with two cubes of vegetarian "not chicken" bouillon cubes)
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Asiago Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 bay leaves
If soup is too cheesy, add 2 Tablespoons brown sugar to sweeten.
| Ha. She saw me taking pictures and grabbed her camera |
Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and saute until very tender, about 25 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Add water or stock, diced tomatoes, and cheeses. Add in bay leaves, but remember to remove before pureeing soup. Simmer soup uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Puree with immersion blender or food processor.
Serve with rolls and enjoy!
nice! i love that you cook so much together :) once new baby grows then you'll just have more time with TWO in the kitchen!
ReplyDelete