
I've dabbled in trying to make my own presents to give out during the holidays. One year I made those cookie mixes and put them in canning jars, another year I painted some cake dishes (actually stealing the idea and supplies from my aunt)--however I've never actually made a commitment to doing it. This year was different.
My husband and I have been on this self-sufficiency kick since A. James was born. We've been canning and trying to do things more with our hands. Since I've seriously started to try and learn to sew and make things I decided what better time to try and have a Handmade Holiday?! This was a great idea, although it would have been much better if I would have started in October instead of, Oh, around December (I work better under pressure). However, I made a few little Black Apple Dolls for my cousins, lots and lots of bags, and a couple of roll up crayon/marker holders (see above).
However, stress from my procrastination aside, it turned out great. I was way more excited to have my gifts opened than I was to open the ones I received! Yay for Handmade Holidays. A huge "thank you" to Sew Mama Sew! and the wonderful crafters who donated their time and experience to make tutorials for novices like me. If you are interested, there is a great list of handmade gift ideas here: Enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment