If you are a mother, I am sure you have dreamed of this day. The day where you wake up and have no responsibilities. None. No errands to run, no baby to diaper and feed, no husband to cook and clean for---nothing urgent that HAS to be done---right this minute---or WWIII might break out.Nothing to do but things---dare I say it---things for yourself.
We all love our families, love our little precious children, love our supportive and adoring husband---but sometimes we need a little break and we all dream of the day we can eat a relaxing lunch without having to get up from the table 300 times to get various needed items/take the baby to the potty/answer the door/let the dog out/clean cat vomit out of the carpet.
Sigh.
Well, this day has arrived and I feel terrible about it. I am going with N. James out of state, overnight on business. Which means I am leaving A. James with my mother Sunday night and all day Monday. I have this sick "bad mother" guilt in my stomach---although I NEVER do this and have no reason to feel this way. So I am trying to distract myself with thinking about all of the thing I can do (besides call my mother every thirty minutes to make sure my babay is still alive an well without me).
Should I read? Should I spend the entire morning at the pool? Should I go exploring downtown? Should I just nap all day? What about bringing my sewing machine and working on some unfinished sewing projects? Working out in the hotel gym?
So, what would you do if you had an entire day to yourself? No responsibilities?
In February I took my first me night since having the kids. I went to see Tim McGraw with a couple of friends. While it was a wicked awesome night, I really wouldn't trade the experience for the world. It was really odd to not have to go home to the kids. To sleep without hearing anyone whine or to not be kicked in the back.
ReplyDeleteI saw sit by the pool and soak up the sun.