Thursday, July 1, 2010

Reading with A. James

So, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I am trying to find a good way to showcase some great books we have read lately, hoping to give some suggestions to other parents (or just people who have a love for children's books). On occasion, I'll list books for "big people" too. I just don't get as much time to read those anymore.  So if you are looking for these posts specifically, I'll have them all tagged "reading." 


Boni Ashburn is hilarious.  This is now one of my favorite children's books.  Ever.  It is so funny.  If you have a wicked sense of humor, I'd recommend reading this book.  A. James loves it.  We've also read her second one  Over at the Castle --which is also good, but it is hard to follow Hush, Little Dragon.







A. James loves the rain.  She gets so excited to put on her rain boots and rain jacket and head outside.  This books was perfect for her.











We read this book at least once a night.  Seriously.  We have read it so many times I'll stop in the middle of my sentence and A. James will finish it.  She loves this book.  I love this book.  I ordered it for her to celebrate her second birthday.  I cried the first time I read it.  In my opinion, every mother needs this book.  I still tear up from time to time (don't tell anyone).  I adore anything Gaiman writes.





 Anything this woman writes is golden in my opinion.  I especially love the Mr. Putter and Tabby series  about an old man and his old cat. In fact, I loved Mr. Putter and his cat before A. James was even here.  I am excited that she shares my love for their adventures. Out of all of them we have read, this one is my favorite.  It has everything I love: fall weather, gardening, canning and pear jam. Yum.  So Search Amazon.com for Cynthia Rylant.

1 comment:

  1. I got Blueberry Girl when I was pregnant with Nathan for my birthday. It was LONG before we knew what we were having. Lately I've been reading to him Coraline while he's in the bath and he's really enjoyed it. *L* Even telling me to "finnith" one night. But his all time favourite is Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham.

    ReplyDelete