Thursday, June 17, 2010

“There's nothing half so pleasant as coming home again.”

I've been thinking about the decor in my house---or lack thereof. For the past year we have been living in a rental house and I have done very little to make it look like a "home." Since we plan on building in the next year or two, I keep thinking it would be silly to do too much. However, lately I keep wanting it to feel more like home instead of just a place we rent.

In the next few weeks I'm going to be doing a product review for a great site. I was browsing through all of the products they offer (which took a while because they have over 200 stores!) and I came across these lovely headboards . Check out the ones covered in fabric. So nice! What a beautiful idea. It got me rethinking about my decorating dilemma. For a place to feel like home I need two rooms to be decorated: the bedroom and the kitchen. I'm not real sure why, but these are the first two rooms I tackle.

What about you. What makes your house feel like home? Curtains, vases, plants, your bedroom set, lovely headboards, your kitchen plates? Do you collect something and showcase it? Or is home really just "where the heart is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment