Saturday, June 19, 2010

What to do, what to do?

I stumbled across an entire tote of my old clothes from High School (which ended up being very fun and very depressing all at the same time). It was mostly tops; long sleeved, short sleeved, tanks, sweaters. They are all in surprisingly good shape with there is one problem. They are all about 3-4 inches too short. I can't just toss them and while donating them to charity is awesome---I'd really like to try and alter them in some way so that they are wearable.

I've been thinking I could just cut off the tops a little under my breasts and add on a skirt. I've seen several different modifications. I like this one with the ruffles. Or maybe a plain top with a bright colored print like here. Or belted with a patchwork bottom. So many different ideas!

So, I'm in need of some help. I have about 20 (no kidding) tops. I'm thinking of posting the pictures of a few of them on here and see if you all can help me decide. What do you think? Any tutorials/pics would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. You could cut them up and make a quilt out of them. That way you could give it to your daughter and it could show her the kind of things her mommy used to like.

    ReplyDelete