Today for breakfast we had vegan zucchini bread.
For lunch, zucchini and black bean burgers with pasta salad (zucchini, squash, cherry tomato)
For a snack vegan zucchini cookies (recipe below)
For dinner more zucchini and black bean burger with zucchini and squash marinated in italian dressing.
For lunch, zucchini and black bean burgers with pasta salad (zucchini, squash, cherry tomato)
For a snack vegan zucchini cookies (recipe below)
For dinner more zucchini and black bean burger with zucchini and squash marinated in italian dressing.
I wonder how long it will take before I am sick of zucchinis.
Ever since I found out you could use flax seed instead of eggs I've been super excited to try it out in just about every cookie/bread/cake recipe I make. I'm just thrilled how well it works. Today I changed around a recipe I found for zucchini cookies so I could use my flax seed. Here goes:
Vegan Zucchini Cookies
1/2 cup margarine (I'm going to try this again with 1/4 applesauce, 1/4 margarine next time).
1 cup sugar
1 TBSP flax seed plus 3 TBSP warm water
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup margarine (I'm going to try this again with 1/4 applesauce, 1/4 margarine next time).
1 cup sugar
1 TBSP flax seed plus 3 TBSP warm water
1 cup grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salf
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1) Cream Margarine and Sugar together.
2) Add flax seed and water. Stir.
3) Add in Zucchini.
4) Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
5) Add dry to previous mixture. Add in vanilla.
6) Scoop onto baking sheet. Bake 375 for 6-10 minutes.
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salf
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1) Cream Margarine and Sugar together.
2) Add flax seed and water. Stir.
3) Add in Zucchini.
4) Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon.
5) Add dry to previous mixture. Add in vanilla.
6) Scoop onto baking sheet. Bake 375 for 6-10 minutes.
One day this week I am going to try canning Zucchini Pineapple. Anyone tried this? Let me know if you have some great zucchini recipes!
This is probably a stupid question but do you have to do something to the flaxseed first or just dump it in straight from the box? Is there a flaxseed to egg ratio that I would need to know? So much stuff that Mark doesn't eat due to eggs in the recipe. This is good to know!
ReplyDeleteKellie,
ReplyDeleteIt isn't a stupid question, I spent FOREVER online trying to find out more information about flaxseed (I had a recipe that called for another type of egg replacement and I was trying to find out how to substitute flaxseed for that). My box of flax seed says this, "1 TBSP flax seed, plus 3 TBSP water = 1 egg." I just dumped it in, some places recommend wisking it together with the water and THEN adding it.
Also, you might want to check out this website. It is pretty awesome. http://www.theppk.com/veganbaking.html