While is was exhausting---several nights we were up until the wee early mornings canning---all of our hard work paid off. I won blue ribbons
in the fair! Here is the run down:
Canned Peaches---Blue Ribbon
Canned Tomato Preserves (Misc.)---Red Ribbon
Zucchini Bread---Blue Ribbon
Corn Muffins-----Blue Ribbon
Yeast Rolls----Red Ribbon
Homemade Toy---Red Ribbon
Large Zinna Flower----Blue Ribbon
To say I was excited would be an understatement. I was estatic! I really had little expectations. I just thought it would be fun and give me a great reason to get involved in something going on in my local community. Also, it would get A. James and I out of the house to explore the fair grounds during the day. I cannot wait until next year. I kept a fair book with all of the categories and I am going to try to enter more crafty items as well as canned goods. Also, I might grow a few pumpkins/vegetables specifically for the fair.
I'd also like to encourage more people in my community to participate. There are over 40 baked good categories and only a handful of entries. I think if I harass my friends enough, we can get so many more people next year to participate.
Well, with that over things are slowing down and I'm not real sure what I'll do with my time. Ha.
Who am I kidding.
I have TONS of unfinished crafty projects, even more projects I've been dreaming about, a little over a million books on my 'to-read' list, and canning season isn't completely over (apples, pears, and those pesky black raspberries and blueberries in my deep freeze). Plus, I keep finding things for me to do outside of the house. I've signed up for the master garderners glass starting at the end of this month and last night I joined the local Herb Club.
Whew! At least I'll have some time to blog again. I was really starting to miss it!
Congrats on your fair winnings! My county fair is teh Los Angeles County fair . . . it is about the size of a city - seriously huge. I've always wanted to enter crafty stuff though, maybe next year (the deadline for this year is past).
ReplyDelete