Friday, September 24, 2010

From Scratch Recipes, anyone?

scratch blueberry pancakes
with black raspberry jam
topped with strawberries
from our garden :)
I have been looking for a good "From Scratch" cookbook.  Since I recently stumbled upon this website and discovered all the wonderful things you can make from scratch I have this crazy idea that I can save a TON of money by making my own brown sugar, powdered sugar, granola and if I feel like it dried onion soup mix (not that I've ever purchased this before in my life, but it is good to know I'll never have to).

However, I am having the worst time trying to find a good cookbook.  There are several for cakes, cookies, soups, pastas and stews but I can't just find one for everyday cooking.  I'm pretty excited about Sunset's One-Block Feast: 100 Recipes Using 40 Made-from-Scratch Ingredients Straight from Your Backyard, but it isn't coming out until March 2011.  Geesh! 

So, I guess I am going to have to make my own for now.  If you have any great "from scratch" recipes let me know.  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment