Friday, September 24, 2010

Where I say I am going to make a quilt (round two)

I really, really, really want to make a quilt.  I can't stress that enough.  I come from a long line of quilters and it just doesn't feel right that I am 26 and have not completed a quilt.  I am sure my grandmother had already completed several and she had around 5 kids by then.

I go online and look at all the beautiful quilt patterns and most of them don't seem that difficult, but I just can't commit.  Remember when I said I'd make a grandmother's flower garden?  Or what about when I was planning on making a Disappearing Nine Patch?  Well, truth is I finished the blocks for that project, but there isn't nearly enough for a queen size quilt and I was discouraged and they are now sitting in a bag near my sewing machine.

 Taunting me.  I suppose I could:
a) do more blocks
b) quilt what I have and make a baby quilt.
c) add in some plain blocks and make it larger
d) make a purse or coasters

Alas, I can't decide so they will stay by my machine until I am inspired.

Until then, I have done something to guarantee I finish a quilt.  I have enrolled in a BOTM (block of the month) class starting in a few weeks.  I've picked out my fabrics and the pattern we are working on is called "Paris in the Fall."  Looks easy enough, right?  Maybe I should have picked a pattern from Crazy Shortcut Quilts.

I've ordered my material from my new favorite fabric website, Connecting Threads and when it arrives I'll take a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment