Monday, November 29, 2010

Giveaway Winner and A Thankful List.


I don't mess around.  We use
real pumpkins :)
 You guys had some great recipes.  A few of them I have already tried.  Thanks to a random number generator a winner has been chosen (I know I said Friday, but hey.)

Lucky Number Three.  That is you Miss Tracy of Sew What!  I'll be sending you an email to explain about the gift card!  Congrats!

Sometimes you can find good things on Facebook, if you look hard enough.  Last year some of my friends decided to devote the month of November to thinking of something that they were thankful for every day.  I joined in despite my hesitation of sharing personal feelings so openly in a public forum.

Strangely enough I enjoyed it.  I didn't feel fake or too mushy when I was pouring my heart our via a facebook status.  I attempted to do it again this year, but I kept forgetting.  Maybe I'll do it next month in December.  November doesn't have rights to being the only thankful month, right.

Oh, well.  Here is a small list of what makes me happy.

1) Being able to stay home with A. James while she is small.  Although some days are tough, there are constantly moments that remind me why I decided to do what I am doing.

2) My mom and dad.  They gave up so much and continue to so that my sister and I are able to have better lives.  That means so much.

3) My aunts who made childhood much more interesting and were willing to lend a hand at 3 am when I couldn't get A. James to stop crying.

4) The amazing creativity encompassed in my family.  We have painters, seamstresses, bee-keepers, writers, bakers and gardeners.  You name it.  You abilities and patience have taught me so much about self-expression.

5) My wonderful husband who works so hard and sacrifices so much so that I am able to be home.  You are my best friend.

6) My LCPL friends.  King, Taylor, and Hannah.  You guys are the best.  I know we don't see each other as much as I would like (although that would require a home built for 3 families and that might be strange) but you guys mean so much to me.

7) My college education.  While there are times I am embarrassed/frustrated that I went to school and spent $$$ getting a degree and then decided to be a stay at home mom I am thankful for the knowledge I have gained and the friends I made along the way.  That can't be taken away.

8) New friendships! Christi, Lindsey, and Deanna. Meeting new people who teach you about yourself without even trying.

9) A. James.  You have taught me more about about kindness, patience, love and life than I ever thought possible.  You encourage me daily to be a better mother, wife and person.  You've opened doors to interests I never had before and showed me how to appreciate what the little things in life and to be receptive to change.

10) Old friendships (some still standing, some long gone).  The quote from Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuck always rings true, "Nothing of me is original, I am the combine effort of everybody I've ever known."  You have helped me through some dark times and have been there to share some great times too.  Even if we no longer talk, you were there for me at a time in my life when I needed you.  Thanks for that.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. :) It's so hard to narrow it down! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Thanks for reminding me to continue this spirit of thanks throughout the rest of the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete