No sense hoarding that cute fabric I've been saving for "my dream house" any longer, or waiting to make curtains, or waiting to decorate the rooms. I'll just drown my "boo-hoo" feelings about the situation by making the best of it and creating my own space.
So first step: the walls. The walls are blank. No pictures, no decorations---blank and boring. Since we are renting we can't do anything permanent like paint the walls crazy colors, but I may have found an adorable solution to that problem.
Fabric Wall Decals tutorial by Sewing for Scarlett
Especially in A. James' room. My head is swirling with ideas; birds, mermaids, pirates, trees---oh my. So many cute ideas to work with.
I'm not sure if this would work in the other rooms (maybe our bedroom)---but I have other ideas for them. Embroidery hoop designs. I have always loved these, I made a few for A. James' room and I've wanted to create a few for the other rooms in the house, but I haven't gotten around to it.
![]() |
| from Budget Wise Home |
I like the ones without embroidery that just features beautiful fabric.
![]() |
| By ThreeRedAples |
I like ones with lots of embroidery and applique.
![]() |
| By Wild Olive |
I like silly, ironic designs.
I think these will be great summer outdoor projects. Unlike quilting (unless you are braver than I and hand piecing) you can take this anywhere. Small, compact---I can see myself at the pool or park relaxing while my little one plays herself tired.
What are some decorating ideas of yours?




oooh, I love the collection of embroidery hoops with different fabrics--sometimes I feel totally defeated when trying to decorate our 1BR apt, not only can we not paint the walls but it's very small, so there's not even much room for the furniture! These are great and don't take up valuable floor space.
ReplyDelete