I'm not really even sure what a bon-bon is to be honest.
I have been neglecting blogging while I have been moving into another house, doing a ridiculous amount of quilting and crafting, worrying about whether or not I'll be able to sanely transition into being a family of four, baking an embarrassing amount of these brownies, attempting to read The Complete Buddhism for Mothers and trying to squeeze in a small amount of "me" time before baby arrives.
.....all while my pregnant belly grows and grows to the point of being highly uncomfortable. But, I can't complain. It comes along with the territory, right? Along with your normal walk slowly transitions into a full blown graceful pregnant waddle, waking up 100 times a night to pee, popping Tums before every meal and (so far my personal favorite) your three year old daughter looking strangely at your breasts, crinkling up her nose before asking, "Mama, why do they look like that now?"----Ah, the wonderful and glamorous life of a pregnant woman.
The fun part is people literally trip over themselves to help me do pretty mundane things. I can eat four pancakes on the weekends (not that I've been doing that). I get to go to the bathroom in places that are supposed to be "staff only" bathrooms and I stay constantly entertained with the idea that there is an alien life growing inside of me, stealing my body's space and nutrients and waiting---patiently---for the right time to escape. Then the real fun begins.
Here are some visual images of what I've been doing. Enjoy.
![]() |
| Maternity/Family Pictures taken by Rebecca Johnston Photography |

No comments:
Post a Comment