Thursday, July 7, 2011

an attempt to put some ducks in a row

So.  Last time we talked I was obsessed with quilts.

Not much has changed.  Still mentally working out patterns in my head.  It seems like every tutorial I find is a weird size (or maybe just the quilt size I want is strange) and I get frustrated at trying to work math in my head to decide just how much fabric I really need to make a quilt that looks like the one in the pattern, but is bigger/smaller/larger blocks/smaller blocks.

Wish I would have paid better attention in Math.  Or that Math classes would have included a special "how to relate this to quilting" section.

So.  Besides my own special November baby, I have many friends and family who are also expecting bundles by the end/beginning of this next year.  They need quilts too.

Here are my thoughts.

Warning:  If you are expecting a baby and are a friend/family member of mine and you think I may make you a quilt AND you want to be surprised----stop reading.  Visit here instead and do some prenatal yoga.  However, if you know me well---you also know I change my mind frequently and your quilt might look nothing like this.

This pregnancy has been WORLDS different from my last with A. James.  I feel icky.  I feel tired.  I keep having weird side effects.  I want to eat loads and loads of sauerkraut.  Not the pleasant walk through the daisies as before.  Blah.  I'm just glad I haven't had morning sickness.  I just hope this means that baby will enjoy car rides more than A. James (who even at three still despises the car).  Consolation prize??

So, what does this mean?  Well, sometimes I have the energy/concentration it takes to do elaborate time consuming things and other times....not so much.  I want to make some beautiful quilts but I want something quick (and fun) that I can actually commit to and (hopefully) accomplish.  Thank you Moda Bake Shop Welcome Spring Quilt.


A beautifully simple quilt!  All I need is 17 strips of a Jelly Roll (or 1/4 yard of six different fabrics cut into 3-2.5 inch strips).

Also, if i cut my own-- each 1/4 yard cut will leave a 1.5 inch strip left over and give me enough to make some blocks from the Counting by Five  quilt.  Win-Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment