The Far, Far Away line by Heather Ross.
| Groceries or Fabric? Tough choice. |
I came to this conclusion after falling in love with the Mendocino mermaids, deciding A. James MUST have a mermaid quilt....and then going on etsy and finding out that a FAT QUARTER costs anywhere between 15 to 25 dollars.
I love my daughter. There are many things I would do for her. Spending 25 dollars on a piece of fabric barely big enough to do anything with just isn't one of those things. (Well, it is. However, I have my doubts that I would be able to convince the husband that it is worth it.) Maybe that makes me a bad mom? Maybe I would just rather buy groceries this week.
Sorry Ava.
No mermaid fabric for you.
I love my daughter. There are many things I would do for her. Spending 25 dollars on a piece of fabric barely big enough to do anything with just isn't one of those things. (Well, it is. However, I have my doubts that I would be able to convince the husband that it is worth it.) Maybe that makes me a bad mom? Maybe I would just rather buy groceries this week.
Sorry Ava.
No mermaid fabric for you.
But you can have this! Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow white! Cute baby deer!
Fair?
Fair?
I really do love this fabric. One of her favorite stories is Rapunzel
and when I showed her this fabric she was pretty excited. Then again who wouldn't be?
Now for a design.
I have a few favorite quilt patterns, but I am really liking this one by Lucy and Norman. There isn't a tutorial, but it looks like just random sized blocks: star, nine patch, four patch, square in square. I should be able to tackle that.
I have a few favorite quilt patterns, but I am really liking this one by Lucy and Norman. There isn't a tutorial, but it looks like just random sized blocks: star, nine patch, four patch, square in square. I should be able to tackle that.
As always. Suggestions are welcome.
Too bad the mermaid fabric is so expensive. It's really cute!
ReplyDelete