Thursday, June 30, 2011

Where I am inspired to freeze some food

As my baby (and belly) continues to grow and grow it is becoming more "real" that I am going to have some very exciting life changes in the next few months.  I am 21 weeks and over half way there. 

Which means I need to get in gear and make some plans.

A few days ago I had this panic moment.

You know.  It went a little like this:

How in the world am I going to do this?
Am I insane?
How can I manage a new baby, a three year old, laundry, cooking, cleaning, being a wife AND have time for myself?
What am I going to do about food?
I'd like to cloth diaper, but is that just crazy? Like I need more to do?!

What if I am buried alive in tons of dirty clothes and diapers?

I took some deep yoga breaths.  Did a little self reassuring and tried to think like a calm and rational human being.

Luckily for me I saw a great post by a friend on facebook.  She is also expecting and is planning on freezing her own meals so she doesn't have to cook from August to October (wow, I know right?!).  I was inspired and thought I might try my hand at doing something similar.  It sure would make things easier, right?

So, I've been stalking her blog.  Sending her tons of messages and generally picking her brain trying to figure out how to go about pulling this off.

Here are a few recipes I thought I might try.  If you have any experience freezing foods and have some recipes to try, please chime in!

Crustless Mini Quiches
Crock pot Falafel
Black Bean Salsa Quesadillas
Spicy Rice Balls
Vegetarian "Chicken" Green Bean Casserole
Oatmeal Pie Bars
Sun-dried tomato Spinach Bake

I could go on for a while, but I'm just going to leave it at that. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment