Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where two must share a room

We have two bedrooms.  Small bedrooms.  As much as I would like to spend my hours decorating another baby room and adding all those little adorable touches, I just don't have that option.  My husband wasn't cool with us sleeping in the living room.  So, the only other option is for A. James and New Baby to share a room.

Honestly, I doubt the baby will be spending much time in their room.  First off, there isn't another room for an additional bed.  Second, I am planning on nursing and don't feel like running across the house 100 times a night for several months.  We will probably just get a co-sleeper for our bedroom.  Who am I kidding?  The baby will just sleep with us until I'm no longer nursing throughout the night---and probably even longer then.  I like cuddling with babies.  Third, I love and trust my A. James, but I wouldn't put it past her to try and climb in bed with the baby or bring him/her into her own bed.  It is just too much temptation.

Pretty much the "sharing" part will just be the storage space for all their things: clothes, toys, swings and all the other "necessary" baby equipment.  However, I still want to make some changes to the current room to help with the transition from A. James having her own space to having this new needy stranger move in (and so I can properly nest).

I'm thinking a vintage woodland theme.  I've always liked this and I have several owls and nature-esque themed aspects in the room already.  There are just quite a few changes I need to make.  Like adding these:

Fun woodland garland/buntings:

Burlap and Embroidered Garland by Rita

Red Poppy Garland by Ioana


















Some new curtains which will either be vintage or I really do need an excuse to buy some of these fabrics and make some of my own.   I have a hard time resisting anything with owls or birds....or little hedgehogs, or snails....or mushrooms.  Okay, I might have a hard time resisting fabric in general.

So this, plus some shelves on the walls with little jars of pinecones, rocks a few potted plants---all which we already have.  Maybe some embroidery hoops featuring some of my favorite fabrics and a few cute owl or snail another one of Lolly Chops cute embroidery patterns.

Also, I'll need to make a few of these Toadstool seats, because c'mon.  Do I really need to explain it?

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I love those toadstool seats. I saw similar ones that were more "miss muffet's tuffet" sort of victorian-teaparty. Love!

    What a cute and clever theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Ginny's vintage woodland themed nursery? I think that she made a lot of the things in hers as well, and I'm pretty sure she even won some kind of contest for it (it really is that adorable). Saw some pictures on Facebook not too long ago, check it out if you haven't already! And, that burlap bunting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love all of these ideas. Just make sure to leave room on the shelves for Ava's bug collections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the toadstool seats! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete