Monday, June 20, 2011

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...right?

Where in the world have I been the past month??

Good question.  Glad you asked.

Computer monitor broke so the only Internet access I've had for month has been my phone (which makes typing up long blog entries impossible).  Boo.

Enjoying a random trip to the Zoo and the reunion of Ava with "Ava" (the goat).


On the way home I get a phone call from my sister who says she "might be in labor."  We all were a little surprised because this was two weeks before her due date.  After three more days of playing "I'm coming, no...wait I'm not"  we spent Mother's day holding our new addition "Evelyn Kate" or "Cricket" as A. James calls her.



Working, working, working---frantically trying to finish up the quilt for Miss Cricket (who---as I mentioned before-- decided to come so early).  Learning how to make "wonky log cabins" from Miss Kellie.  Becoming obsessed with making wonky log cabins and spending quite a bit of time looking at them online and making my own.


Starting new projects for all the new babies who will arrive soon including one in November that I think is going to be pretty special :)

9 weeks, 12 weeks, 14 weeks and 17 weeks
As I may have mentioned before, I am a professional worrier so as usual I've been trying to over plan this thing into the ground---trying to think up every possible scenario that might occur once the bambino gets here so everything goes smoothly and perfectly (yeah, right).  I should know better...."the best laid plans of mice and men..."  Yadda.  Yadda.  I'm working on it.  Also, you should feel very privileged.  Not only does it go against my character to take pregnancy pictures (seriously, maybe one exists from my first pregnancy), but to share them?!  On the Internet?!  With strangers?! 

See, I'm stepping out of my comfort level box. 
One foot at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you decided to post pics! I find bump photos annoying, but since I know you...it's not annoying. Just awesome. Ava is getting sooooo big, too. (sigh) your 9 wk pic just looks like you over ate at Qdoba! lol. You're such a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind on reading blogs lately, but this one made me smile like I didn't already know you were pregnant. I am such a sap.

    ReplyDelete