Saturday, April 9, 2011

Help me finish this quilt!

I've been super productive today.


Finished the quilt I mentioned earlier today.  It doesn't look as girly as I had thought it would, but I am happy with the way it turned out.  I want to embroider her name on one of the blocks.  Trying to decide which one.  Also, I had considered embroidering (or appliqueing) some tiny birds around the quilt.  Which colors?  How big?  One large bird on a block or a branch and a bird?

The possibilities.  And I haven't even thought about how I am going to put it together yet.

Suggestions are more than welcome.




1 comment:

  1. It looks great Cassie! If you want it to be more girly, I'd applique largish pink/red birds on some of the small print fabrics. The pink would probably stand out more than any of the other colors also. I picture one on the grey block in the 2nd row.. maybe a smaller one on the left side somewhere.. and a branch coming from the right side with another bird or two on it, not in the center of a block but overlapping the seams. Love love it!

    ReplyDelete