
I love peas. A. James loves peas. N. James doesn't hate peas, but strongly dislikes them. Seriously, we girls could eat peas every meal and not get tired of them for a very long time. I've even wanted to make pea themed toys for A. James to play with. Okay, so maybe I need to chill out a little with the peas. You can't tell me that this isn't adorable though.
However, regardless of my pea-infatuation when I saw this recipe by Vanilla Garlic's Garrett for Sweet Pea Cupcakes, even I was hesitant.
I mean really? Peas in Cupcakes?! Once I got over my initial disgust, the curiosity kicked in followed by the voice in my mind that reprimanded me for being so closed minded. This coupled with the left over peas in my fridge and A. James refusing to nap (and me running out of ideas on what to do) resulted in a batch of 24 Sweet Pea Cupcakes that were absolutely d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.
Seriously, you must try this recipe. Even if you don't like peas.
Sweet Pea Cupcakes by Vanilla Garlic taken from here.
Makes 20 cupcakes / 375 F degree oven
3 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of peas, pureed
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 1/2 cups of cake flour (I used bread flour and was okay)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Directions:
1) Whisk together the eggs and sugar until bright and well emulsified.
2) Add the oil, extract, lemon juice, and pea puree. Mix well.
3) Add the flour and baking powder. Beat until just mixed.
4) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake in a 375 F oven for 14-16 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Set aside to cool, then frost.
Sour Cream Frosting
What You'll Need...
1/4 cup of butter, room temperature
1/3 cup of sour cream
2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
pinch of salt
What You'll Do...
Beat the ingredients until light and fluffy, and slightly stiff peaks form.
No comments:
Post a Comment