
My little cousin (third cousin, actually) turned a year old this past week and I wanted to make him something special for his birthday. A. James loves soft little things, so I thought I'd make him something soft and little too. In the process I found some g-r-e-a-t websites. First, I found an entire website devoted to Softies (uh, can we say "Jackpot"). I probably spent more time on there than it took to actually make the present. Oh well. I had a good time. Plus, I found the perfect little owl here from Lolly Chops.
I was pretty darn proud of him. Then as I was wrapping him, one of my little cousins asked if it was a monster. Gee thanks. I was slightly distraught then I thought about it. If you picture the wings as ears, the belly as a mouth, and the beak as angry eyebrows---yeah, I see it.Ah, it was fun to make and Caleb seemed to like him (that is what matters right?).
However, I am going to have to make one for A. James now. She acted pretty pitiful the entire time and asked me if it was for her birthday (which is at the end of this month). The BEST part is when I told her it was for Caleb she said she was going to "grab it from him and run away" (what?! who is teaching this kid manners). I tried hard not to laugh, and explained that "grabbing" wasn't very nice (especially at birthday parties) and if she wanted one, I would make her one too. This didn't seem to work at all, and she continued to cuddle the owl and act very pathetic about the entire situation. Luckily, she was distracted at the party and didn't get a chance to implement her 'grab it and run plan.'
YAY!!! How fabulous he came out! I am pleased as pie to see such a beautiful creation! Ilove his little arms... those are the sweetest things ever!
ReplyDeleteOh and he's NO monster... hehehehe
HUGS sweetest pea!
Lolly