
So I am tired of paying way to much for household cleaners. You may be too. My grandmother got along just fine using basic items that everyone usually keeps in their kitchen; baking soda, vinegar, borax, and super washing soda (not so much the last two, but they are very handy). For the past few months I have been making my own washing detergent. It works great and costs much, much less than Tide or whatever else you use. Here is the recipe:
Laundry Washing Detergent
1/2 cup Borax (found in the same general area as other washing powders)
1/2 cup Super Wahing Soda (I found this at Kroger, right beside the Borax)
1 cup grated soap (I use Kirk's Castile Soap, but you can use whatever you like. You just take a bar and grate it using a cheese grater).
Personally, I like to use unscented soaps. However, you can use essential oils to give your laundry a nice smell. Use 2-4 drops.
Put everything into a glass/plastic container and shake, shake, shake. Use 1 tablespoon per load.
No comments:
Post a Comment