Very seriously, I end up making at least one person think I'm crazy once a week. Usually more often than that if I'm in a good mood. Last week it was asking the pharmacist at Kroger if the mineral oil they sell can be used for soap making instead of "just for constipation." The week before I was calling around trying to find somewhere in town that sells essential oils for me to use in making my own household cleaners. I got a lecture from a lady at Wal-greens over that one about the dangers of using tea tree oil. Yikes. So this week? It is safety razors.
I've been tired of spending tons of money (i.e., $15.00-$18.00) of replacement blades for my fancy smancy razors. I've tried a ton of them and I can't really find one that a)lasts long enough and b)doesn't break me out in horrible red bumps after using it only 3-4 times. So, I typed in "non-disposable razors for women" into my google search and found information about "safety razors" those great razors you may have seen your grandfather use with the little brushes that look so scary and intimidating. However, aparently these are much better for people with sensitive skin (like me) and don't cause the red bumpy break out afterwards. Who wouldn't want that?
I looked online and couldn't find anything under $20.00 (not including shipping and handling). I am pretty cheap, and I don't want to pay that much for something I have not tried and may not like. So, I thought (there I go again, I do not learn my lesson ever) maybe I could call around and see if anywhere in town had them! What a great idea, pat myself on the back. I called some old family drug stores which led me to calling some local barber shops. Long story short not even the barber shops use these anymore. I felt pretty silly having an old man tell me, "Honey, you know you can get razors you can throw away in any store nowadays." Haha. Sweet guy.
So, I guess I am going to have to buy one online. Maybe I should just start buying things to supply my crazy whims online. I am sure my hometown would appreciate it.
I'm not brave enough to handle the blades on one of those razors. *L* However, I do understand you wanting to get one. Don't hate on me, but I rarely have to shave my legs. My leg hairs grow super slow and fine. I wish my eyebrows were the same way. But don't feel bad for people thinking you're strange. I get odd looks all the time too. I have been odd looks and the "are you sure you want to buy this" from people when I ask about the push reel mowers. The guy at True Value where I ordered mine, asked if I was aware that this had no motor. I hate having to explain myself but it was worth it when he said "well, you know what you are after, I'll order it for you and it should be here on Tuesday, if not then, definitely on Friday."
ReplyDelete