Image from He Sows, She Sews
I am forgetful, I don't remember if I've actually *blogged* (I guess that is the correct term) about the sewing club since I first mentioned it a few months ago here. If not I actually followed through with it! Yay me! We have had two meetings, tonight's meeting being the second and I am beyond thrilled about it.
We have around about 6-8 people involved and a nice assortment of skill levels. I have made a few projects, but I still consider myself a beginner. Most of the people there are in the same boat as me. However, we are very lucky to have one lady (who shall be called Ms. F) who is very handy and I feel the need to take notes whenever she talks. She really is full of great ideas. She has even promised to show us how to make a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt if we bring some fabric next time. Here is the kicker....BY HAND. Crazy. I am going to do it.
Now, I may just be making a pillow or two at first. You know, work my way up to the whole 1 billion little hexagons I'll have to cut out and sew together (although, seeing all of those tiny different colored hexagons sorted nicely in a little box did get my OCD self very excited). That and I do have some friends *Taylor stop reading now* who are getting married and I am going to make them a quilt as a gift and I should probably start practicing if I am ever going to do it.
There is a wedding ring quilt that you can make. It's not for the feint of heart. But here's a pattern for it.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=6913
Thanks Tracy. My mom makes wedding rings (sometimes) and she says they are not so much fun to make! Haha. Probably explains why I don't have one.
ReplyDelete