Thursday, March 25, 2010

Take a deep breath and count to ten


Deep Sigh

My day has been too long, and it is just 3:00. Without going into too much---and very un needed---detail, I have spent entirely too much time today scrubbing up bodily fluids out of the carpet from either the a) dog or b) A. James. Both of them apparently ate something (hopefully not the same thing, but then again who knows) that upset their stomach and they have been attempting to flush it out of their systems (and into my carpet). A. James seems to be doing better. She hasn’t had any Exorcist type episodes since last night.

Hmm. Now that I think about it that might have been too much information anyway.

Well, on a happier note my seeds are growing like---well, like seeds are supposed to. I started cucumbers, tomatillos, tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, and eggplants under a grow lamp. This is our first year using a grow lamp to start the seeds. We converted the heat lamp I had used for my ducklings by just switching the bulbs.

The difference is amazing. I’m so impressed I think I am going to start some more seeds early. I’m not real sure what though. Maybe watermelons, we always get impatient waiting on those to get ready. I’ll have to check. Melons might be one of those that are “not recommended” for starting indoors.

The cucumbers are getting scary big, and I’m not sure exactly what I am going to do with them. I am about 100% sure it is still too cold to transfer them outside. I even started them 2 weeks after the *recommended* inside start time, but they are still taking over. I had almost given up on the peppers but they have started to poke through the soil in the past day. Just waiting on the eggplants now.

No comments:

Post a Comment