| Lovely Dish from CSN Stores |
A few weeks ago I was brining home ten gallons of tomatoes several times a week. My husband and I were staying up until the wee hours of the morning canning pretty much anything you can possibly make using tomatoes, and I was looking forward to the day my kitchen would be free from tomato debris. Now that the day has arrived I feel so lost. The counters have been liberated from little jars cooling, my kitchen sink isn’t cluttered with bowls and measuring spoons and my pressure cooker has moved from its place of honor on the stove to back under the sink. My kitchen is clean and I never thought I’d be so depressed about that.
You would think I’d be accustomed to this happening by now. This day comes and goes every year and while it signifies the arrival of fall and the end of the summer heat, I always hate to see the garden go. There is just something so sad about seeing the rows of tomato plants, once so huge and bearing so many fruits dwindle down to nothing. I am glad to have my kitchen back to normal, but I’ll miss it smelling like cilantro and tomatoes. Until Yankee Candle responds to my letters and makes a “Salsa” candle, I’ll just have to wait. There is still much to be done in the garden to prepare for next spring, but my favorite part has already passed. I guess now, the only thing for me to do is flip through seed catalogues and dream big for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment