| Lily Pads from Connecting Threads |
Next week I should get instructions for the first block in the Winter BOTM club and I'll start making my first quilt. My fabric has arrived from Connecting Threads and I can't wait to start working with it. So beautiful. My inspiration for the colors came from the beautiful hyacinth bean growing up by bird feeder. Purples, greens, and yellows.I am excited about this quilt. It should be pretty difficult for a first quilt, but it will be a wonderful experience and I'll get to try my hand at several different blocks. I am a little worried that I'll feel overwhelmed, but luckily most of my friends from Seams to Me (our sewing club) are on board. I'll have lots of help and encouragement.
| Image from http://www.ohfransson.com/ |
Also, I am still crazy about the Coin Quilts. I found a great tutorials from Tall Grass Prarie Studio. I'm thinking lap quilts as Christmas presents. Although, I like Oh Fransson's idea of a table cloth. I might be over my head---but right now it sounds like a great idea!
Have you tried this quilt pattern or something similar? What is your favorite quick and easy quilt pattern?
No comments:
Post a Comment