I'm not very good at completely changing my lifestyle.
I know change is good. Change is also very scary at times too.
![]() |
Like the mogwai in the movie Gremlins.
never expose it to bright lights don't get it wet, and never feed it after midnight
never expose it to bright lights don't get it wet, and never feed it after midnight
I'm pretty sure the same rules go for this guys sweet moustache.
Honestly, though. New Years isn't that much different from every day. I'm always setting crazy goals and saying next week I'll start working out/make a budget/plan a menu for the week/blog more/finish that craft project/plan the garden/read that book/purchase some modern rugs/take the dog for more walks----the list goes on and on.
I've seen a few blogs with some great resolution ideas:
Erin Compton has a "to-do" list. Clever. A "to-do" list sounds a lot less threatening than a "resolution."
Tracy and Kellie are making lists of what they WONT be repeating. Also a wonderful idea.
However, this got me thinking about something that I am constantly trying to do: accept praise! Anytime anyone compliments me, I shrug it off. What about starting a "brag list" of things that you are currently doing well and want to continue doing? Not only are you patting yourself on the back, but you are goal setting at the same time.
Double score.
Maybe I'll create a hybrid version of their ideas with a few of my own. Hybrids are always great ideas right?
Who doesn't like Ligers?
In high school we had this Chemistry professor. When making out our tests he would include some no-brainer questions along with the devastatingly difficult ones. Like: what color is Santa's hat? That sort of thing.
I'm going to take the same approach with my resolutions. I think it helps with self esteem.
So, to-do (and don't) list of things that I am currently doing that I like, things I'd like to complete, and some random small tasks that will make me feel wonderful about myself. .
Tracy and Kellie are making lists of what they WONT be repeating. Also a wonderful idea.
However, this got me thinking about something that I am constantly trying to do: accept praise! Anytime anyone compliments me, I shrug it off. What about starting a "brag list" of things that you are currently doing well and want to continue doing? Not only are you patting yourself on the back, but you are goal setting at the same time.
Double score.
![]() |
| We can only exist in captivity and have several health and behavioral problems! |
Who doesn't like Ligers?
In high school we had this Chemistry professor. When making out our tests he would include some no-brainer questions along with the devastatingly difficult ones. Like: what color is Santa's hat? That sort of thing.
I'm going to take the same approach with my resolutions. I think it helps with self esteem.
So, to-do (and don't) list of things that I am currently doing that I like, things I'd like to complete, and some random small tasks that will make me feel wonderful about myself. .
Things I'll get around to doing in 2011 if I feel like it and have the time---no pressure.
- Gain or Lose a pound
- Buy insane amounts of fabric
- Be proud of yourself for sticking with your parenting goals---even if you may doubt these decisions at times.
- Plant a Garden
- Read a few books
- Cook something different a few times a month
- Finish a project
- Spend less time on facebook
- Ask your grandparents to tell you stories of their childhoods. You won't regret it.
- Go 48 hours without Internet*
- Write more letters to friends*
- Continue with the handmade gifts. Some will appreciate it. Others will not. That is just how it works.
- Write a short story
- De clutter---get rid of 100 things!*
- Enter goods in the fair again this year! You rocked last year!
- Say "thank you" more often
- Bake tasty treats for people who you appreciate (recycling center, library folks, etc).
- Stop making fun of yourself for enjoying what you enjoy doing (sewing, cooking, gardening, canning, reading). It doesn't make you an old lady---and so what if some people think otherwise?
- Plant one new crop this year.
- Keep trying to buy local!
- Take a yoga class.
- Bake something you've been wanting to bake from Joy the Baker's blog.
- Keep visiting your grandparents and bringing them food. They really enjoy it and so do you.
- Go through your giant list of tutorials and pick three of them to complete*
- Spend 5 minutes everyday reflecting on the good
- Learn one song on your ukulele
- Continue to make donations to the children's library. Win-win for all.
- Try and bake bread several times a week.


Love the new background, love that you have a ululele, love that I will help you try one new tutorial tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI love the new background, I love that you own a ukelele and I love that I will be apart of doing a new tutorial tomorrow!
ReplyDelete