Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Fever

I recently found out two of my best friends (who are married to one another) are expecting their first child.  I've been so ecstatic about this you'd almost think that it was me expecting.

This coupled with my sister also being pregnant and my cousin and a few blog friends has really shifted me into baby making mode. 

Well, perhaps I should word that more carefully---making things for baby mode.  Especially, quilts.

How wonderful are baby quilts?  Not only do you get to pick out the most adorable and comfortable fabrics to use---they are a fraction of the size of a big person quilt.  All of those elaborate and intricate blocks you've been wanting to try but know you don't have the patience or time to devote to dozens of them---here is your chance.

I've been spending an abnormal amount of time looking at quilt ideas.  Here are some of my favorites:

                 
Simple Stripe Quilt from Amy at Diary of a Quilter

Nightingale Lap Quilt from Doodle Stitchingquilted here by Erin Compton Design




Ticker Tape Quilt from Doodle Stitch-a-long

What is your favorite baby quilt pattern?


No comments:

Post a Comment