Seriously. I feel that I've been going non-stop for months (which I have) and finally I have some time to breath. No plans this weekend. Or next.
I feel like a free woman.
Not that the things I had planned weren't exciting: Beekeeping school, Trip to Chattanooga for A. James' birthday (I'll have pictures up soon enough), cousin's bachelorette party, wedding rehearsal and wedding, and MY birthday.
All loads of fun.
However, it is nice just to sit around and do nothing.
Also, my BOTM class is officially over. Even if my quilt is not. The class was exciting. Our instructor was great. I just learned the hard way I cannot join a class in the middle of the holiday season and be expected to get anything done. Yesterday I put everything away in a box and don't plan on thinking about it for at least another month or two. Then maybe I'll head over to my moms and beg for her help in getting it finished.
So. I looks like (fingers crossed) that I might have some time to work on some projects for me.
Here are some I came across while mindlessly browsing other blogs.
Yet another Baby Quilt, Story time Squares
Yeah, I know. I am still thinking about making things for babies.
Good grief, can it possibly get any cuter? Have you looked at this fabric? I'll wait while you jump over to Heather Ross' website and drool a bit. Even though, I finally finished the top to A. James's pink coin stack quilt---I immediately decided I must use the Rapunzel fabric and make her another quilt. Ever since she has been a tiny girl she has said she wanted "long, long hair down my body." It only makes sense that Rapunzel
is one of her favorite stories and we read it almost every day.
She would flip if she had a quilt with Rapunzel in her tower. The only problem with this pattern is that I doubt it will be long enough to cover her long legs much longer. So, I must a) alter the pattern to make it bigger which means doing math (ugh). Or b) I can find another quilt pattern. I've leaning toward this one from Moda Bake Shop.
Topsy Turvy Quilt
Topsy Turvy Quilt


No comments:
Post a Comment