Here is the nitty gritty:
We've had some Internet troubles the past month and after failing to convince our service provider that we didn't illegally download episodes of "True Blood" (seriously? True Blood?) we've had to switch providers.
However, the service we have now is cheaper, we've learned that if you have a router anyone can use it to download whatever they please and apparently someone in our neighborhood loves them some Naughty Vampire Romance.
I guess I've made good on my resolution to go without Internet for 48 hours.
In my month with limited Internet (thanks Library for free wireless)---I noticed how much more I accomplished when I wasn't constantly distracted by the call of the world wide web.
So, I'm going to continue the trend and limit my Internet activity immensely. It is amazing how much of your day gets wasted online.
Long story short: No, I haven't given up on weekly menus. I have a memory card stocked with photos I just haven't had a chance to upload. I started using these old fashioned things called "cookbooks" with recipes on pages instead of internet sources so my menus were all written down----on paper.
I'm sharing one today.
Husband stole my camera batteries so no photos on this one, sorry.
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Jambalayaadapted from
Betty Crocker Easy Everyday Vegetarian
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
2 cloves garlic
14 oz vegetable broth
3/4 cup uncooked rice
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T Paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp each: basil thyme, oregano
1 can black beans, drained
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sweet potatoes and cook until sweet potatoes start to turn golden brown.
Add in broth, uncooked rice, worcestershire sauce and all of your seasonings and spices. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, let simmer about 10 minutes.
Stir in beans. Cover and cook until rice is tender.
Enjoy.
Made this a few weeks ago with purple potatoes instead of sweet potatoes, and it was delish! I think I found it in an old school 80s Betty Crocker that I nabbed from mom ;)
ReplyDelete