Okay, so this isn't one of the skirts I said I would make the other day---but c'mon. I actually made something using fabric and my sewing machine.
The tutorial came from here and is originally a skirt for a little girl, but I made a few adjustments and-----tadah! Skirt for big girls!
To be honest, I'm not crazy about it.
I don't know if it is the fabric. Which is lovely with the adorable little dutch children--- still sort of makes me feel like a kid when I wear it. And not in the "look at me, I'm over 25 but I can still rock it" way, but rather in the "creepy old lady who still takes pictures of herself wearing fairy wings and wears sweatshirts with bedazzled kittens" kind of way.
No one wants that.
Maybe it is the way it falls. It doesn't gather the way I'd like it to---maybe I should have used 1.5 yards instead of 1. I'm going to think on it and maybe add a waistband like I did in this tutorial from Sew, Mama Sew!
Maybe it is just I haven't found the right shirt to wear with it.
Maybe I should add some pockets?
Maybe I'm just having one of those days.
Oh well, if all else fails I'll make it a bit shorter and let A. James wear it or I'll just wear it short with some big boots.

No comments:
Post a Comment