"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
I'm not sure who said that, but they sure were dead on. I'm convinced of this after the following things happened this week.
- Got super bummed out that the land we are thinking about purchasing isn't going to be able to happen until we can save up a bigger down payment. This means next spring instead of this summer.
- Husband suggested we just find a bigger rental house.
- The first house we called was okay with a 115 lb German Shepherd. What? Seriously!
- We look at the house and it seems great! Right size, fenced in back yard, good area of town--but we need new appliances.
- Sign papers and put a down payment.
- Do a little "hurray" dance in my living room.
- Go straight from signing papers to Lowe's and find the perfect appliances and after haggling for some time get them for a fraction of the original cost. Cha-ching!
- Go to the new house the next day to find that it is infested with roaches. Eww. Gross.
- Call new landlords and they have someone come out to spray and check out the situation. Okay, but problem can be fixed right?
- Did I mention at this point we've already moved some of our things in?
- Roach guy leaves and says it is okay to move more things in after he sprays.
- Move the boxes that I've spent two days packing over to the new house. Nathan moves it over.
- Calls Roach Guy to see if there is anything else we should do.
- He says that under the house is a TERRIBLE MOLD PROBLEM and that he would be hesitant about moving in there. Seriously? Okay. Thanks for letting us know.
and you don't even want to see what he other rooms in the house look like. I'm trying to not be furious at the situation. I'm trying to tell myself that there isn't any way that the landlords could have known and let a woman move into a roach and mold infested house with her little child. However, I still have that little voice in the back of my head that says---how could they NOT have known?
![]() |
| Paula Deen Retail Therapy |

So sorry about the new house. ): I know that has to be realllly disappointing. But I'm glad you're not getting eaten alive by roaches!
ReplyDelete