I'm not sure why I am so terrible at setting goals and achieving them. Maybe I am lazy. Maybe my husband is right (don't ever, ever let him know those words were uttered) and I am just really that stubborn. Oh yeah, list? You want me to do what? We will just see about that...... Maybe it is because I made the decision to have children and time for yourself is limited to (if you are lucky) those three or four sweet, sweet minutes of showering every three or four days. I rarely have time to use the potty by myself, let alone master another language or learn the ukulele. Maybe we all spend too much time envisioning this perfect person (who doesn't exist) instead of working on accepting and appreciating who we actually are.
So, the past few years I have created a list of things to do if I had the time and felt like it. It wasn't pushy or threatening. It had a few easy goals for an instant self-esteem boost. I think this works for me. So here goes:
Things I may do in 2012 before the world ends
Continue to obsess and bake yummy goodies from Joy the Baker
Gain or lose a pound
Take a yoga class or two or three or fourteen
Spend less time on facebook (maybe this year is the year!)
Attempt to try to read a few book, bonus points for actually reading one
Make sure one of those books is Just One Thing by Rick Hansen
Make sure another one of those books is Breaking the Good Mom Myth
Try to carve a few minutes out of every day for yourself.
Take the time to reflect and find good in every day.
Write, write, write. You love it and it keeps you sane.
Learn how to use mala beads
Tell yourself you'll blog more and then do (or don't). Either way it will be okay.
Collect more fabric and maybe make a thing or two out of it.
Try not to die underneath a pile of fabric. Embarassing......
If you haven't started on Christmas presents by July---don't push yourself to make handmade gifts.
You are a nerd, deal with it. It is totally okay.
Keep working on that zombie plan. See above.
Continue being a kick ass mom.
Spend insane amounts of time on Etsy in awe and appreciation of the craftiness of others
Continue to support local crafters, artisans, business-persons
Watch your babies grow and grow and grow and be proud of who they are becoming
Attempt to try to read a few book, bonus points for actually reading one
Make sure one of those books is Just One Thing by Rick Hansen
Make sure another one of those books is Breaking the Good Mom Myth
Try to carve a few minutes out of every day for yourself.
Take the time to reflect and find good in every day.
Write, write, write. You love it and it keeps you sane.
Learn how to use mala beads
Tell yourself you'll blog more and then do (or don't). Either way it will be okay.
Collect more fabric and maybe make a thing or two out of it.
Try not to die underneath a pile of fabric. Embarassing......
If you haven't started on Christmas presents by July---don't push yourself to make handmade gifts.
You are a nerd, deal with it. It is totally okay.
Keep working on that zombie plan. See above.
Continue being a kick ass mom.
Spend insane amounts of time on Etsy in awe and appreciation of the craftiness of others
Continue to support local crafters, artisans, business-persons
Watch your babies grow and grow and grow and be proud of who they are becoming
I can teach you how to use mala beads!!
ReplyDelete