Friday, February 17, 2012

Where I pick a winner and make a big announcement

I promised a pair of darling earrings to one lucky lady.......

According to Random.Org, that would be number 7.

Momma Shakespere, you can have your choice of the fabric covered buttons or the darling red mum cabochons.  Let me know and I'll send them your way!

Enjoy.

Now, the rest of you shouldn't get bummed out.

I have some good news.

I've decided to start selling some of my crafty goodies.  Which means this blog now has a Facebook Page where I'll be announcing many more giveaways in the future.

It is something I've been thinking about for a while.  My husband has been harassing me about it encouraging me, but I've just felt pretty overwhelmed with everything else going on in my life and I didn't want to add one more thing on top of :

new baby.....

trying to keep this from evolving into a full blown sibling rivalry......

and still find the time for other important things.......



Seriously though.....

I'm excited about having a creative outlet, but I'm more excited about using this as an opportunity to do good.

There are so many wonderfully inspirational things going on in the blogging community.  I've been doing a lot of reading (and crying in some instances) and racking my brain about how I can join in on this fantastic bandwagon.

Finally, it hit me.

Last year the public library in my hometown was hit with a $100,000 dollar cut in their budget.  This was especially devastating because unlike most of the libraries in our state, ours does not have a library tax.  I could go on all day about the injustice of this, but I'll spare you.  Supporting the library has always been important to me.  I've worked in two.  Twice we've asked for book donations instead of presents for A. James' birthday  and will continue to do so.  Also, I always make donations of used books when we purge our bookshelves at home.  It isn't much, but we do what we can.

So I've decided to open shop and donate a portion of my sales to the local library.  Now, I certainly don't think that I can make up for the $100,000 cut in their budget  but every little bit helps.  Right?!

So, there you have it. 

A dollar from every item sold will be donated and used toward the purchasing of children's books.

Right now, I'm still trying to decide if I want to go the whole nine yards and open an etsy shop.  For now, purchases can be made via my facebook fan page and on diaperswappers.  Just send me a message and I'll be in touch!



Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment