Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Events are cowards


"He had noticed that events were cowards: they didn't occur singly, but instead they would run in packs and leap out at him all at once.”--Neil Gaiman


All last week this Neil Gaiman quote kept repeating itself in my head. It was very true! I had the giveaway (which went fantastic, 91 comments---awesome), my mother's 50th birthday, and some random family emergencies that were unexpected. I had been planning on making my mother a great 50th birthday gift, but (as usual) I had put it off until the last week.


Come on, I have a week! What could go wrong, right?!


Ha-ha. I really should know better by now. Thankfully, my aunt slipped me a great idea for a present and we went in and shared a joint gift. Nevertheless, I felt pretty lousy about the whole ordeal.

Painting my aunt did of me when I was a young lass. I took a picture of A. James with it and framed it for my mom :)



Well, lesson learned.



Hopefully.



I' ve made myself a little calender with upcoming events i.e., birthdays, holidays, and other special occasions where a handmade gift would be appreciated. This way I can *see* what is happening and (hopefully) be more motivated to get busy and stop procrastinating. We will see how well this works.

1 comment:

  1. I'm horrible about such things! I need to get better about it. Like my niece's birthday is in September, so I'm going on ahead and trying to work on her bookmarks and such, and so far, I have everything I need, but I have yet to work on it. I'm trying to figure out what it is that is stopping me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. But you'll be doing fine! :D You might want to put a reminder a month in advance, that way you can keep it in mind a month out.

    ReplyDelete